Sunday, July 17, 2011

Going Solo

Wow, I'm kind of on a roll here. Two posts in one weekend? A miracle. It's probably because I actually thought of something I wanted to write about today.

This blog post idea stemmed from various conversations with people over time. It seems that many people do not like doing most things alone. Eating out alone, shopping alone, going to the movies alone, etc. This intrigues me because I do a lot of things alone. It really doesn't bother me, maybe because I grew up as an only child. Or maybe it's just my personality... who knows. Before I realized that a lot of people don't do so, I never thought much about the things I do by myself. I just figured that if no one was available or close at hand, I'll just enjoy my activity alone. I eat at restaurants alone (although there are some exceptions... eating at places like Jungle Jims alone is not much fun to me); I do almost all of my shopping alone; I travel out of town alone;  I go to meetings, fitness classes, and events where I don't know anyone; and so on and so on. Maybe I've just gotten used to it over the years, so now it seems natural. Of course, there are some things I prefer to do with company, like going to the movies and eating at certain restaurants. Also, drinking alone is bad. Some things just seem like they are meant to be enjoyed with others as a social activity. And some things aren't safe to do alone. Like walk to the bank at night........ I think...

Anywayyy, I just thought I'd share my surprise at this difference between me and some of the people I know. It really doesn't matter what you prefer as long as it's working for you. And doing things alone works very well for me... less problems when I'm not depending on others. With that said, I leave you with my chuckle of the day:


Maybe I wouldn't eat here alone...


1 comment:

  1. i love doing things alone... i am 1 of my favorite people... so spending time with me is not hard!! xo

    ReplyDelete