Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Save the drama for... actually, just throw that shit out!

So much drama everywhere... yuck. It's in workplaces, families, friend groups, etc etc etc. I have some amount of trouble understanding why people can't just go about their own business and not make trouble for others. Just relax! No need to cause a stink over everything. Half the time it seems as though the issue has nothing to do with the person causing the drama anyway.

Now, I'm not perfect. I'm sure I've been the cause of, or at least involved in, a fair share of drama over the years. But as I get older, it becomes less and less appealing all the time. I've given up long-term friendships because of it... which can be hard, but also a relief when you look back on the situation. That being said, I do have to admit that I tend to enjoy hearing drama stories from other people... as long as I am in no way involved, or could become involved by enabling the storyteller. It's entertaining when it doesn't involve me, and that's probably why people continue to be dramatic. It creates excitement in an otherwise uninteresting life.

So... moral of the story for today? Get a new hobby and calm down.

1 comment: