Thursday, June 16, 2011

Gay.

Something I read on facebook today (and many times in the past) sparked my idea for this post. I want people to know how much I absolutely CRINGE when I hear someone say "That's so gay". I don't care if you're talking about a person or an object, or an behaviour. It really doesn't matter. Saying something is gay shouldn't be used as an insult. Being gay is something that should be accepted as completely normal. Imagine if people went around saying "That's so straight". In fact, I have a great resource that I would love to share that shows just how stupid people are when it comes to talking about being gay. I just have to dig it out of my desk at home first. It's a list of ridiculous questions that people who are gay get asked, with heterosexual subsititued in to show how silly it sounds. One example I can think of is "When did you decide to become heterosexual?".

I'll update this post again later once I find that paper and go win my award for college tonight ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment