Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fadder's Day

I fear the worst, faithful followers. My interest in blogging is dwindling this week. Lets hope it picks back up soon! Moving on for now... as I'm sure everyone is aware, today is Fadder's Day, so I thought it would be fitting to write a post about my very own daddy-o.

See, the thing about great dads is that they are giving, dependable, and embarrassing all at the best of times. Or at least that's what makes my dad great. He gives me space to make my own chocies, even when he doesn't always agree with them; he's okay with me mooching off him and bumming food, money, etc; he gives good advice; he made me strong, independant, and intelligent because I learned by example; he taught me to have a good sense of humor and to take jokes and teasing with ease; and most of all, I know he loves me a whole big bunch. I know not everyone has this kind of relationship in their life, and that's unfortunate, but it also makes me appreciate how lucky I am because I DO have that in my own life. For anyone who doesn't have their father as a strong figure to look up to and depend on, I hope they have someone else to play that role, because it is really an important one. So here's to you, Faja... Happy Father's Day!


It's uncanny, really...


1 comment:

  1. that potatoe head looks like my brother... aka your dad... sucks about you loosing interest in blogging... keep it up... i enjoy your blog!!

    ReplyDelete