Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Misguided Attempts by All

Accomplished a dreaded task today, glad to be done of it. Got up at 5am to drive alone to Halifax to find a location unknown to me, so I could go to a meeting with people I don't know. The good news is that it is all paid for by work. The bad news is that I have a horrible sense of direction, which makes travelling alone a concern for me. After a few U turns and google map/GPS confusion, I made it to my destination without too much hassle. The return trip did not go as well, unfortunately. I had hoped to make it to the mall before heading back, but it seems that I was not headed in the right direction, and ended up in places I didn't really want to be. I suspect I missed some desired exits, and when I ended up on the highway headed toward Truro rather than on the other side headed toward Dartmouth, I surrendered and gave up on going to the Mic Mac this day.

Instead of shopping in Halifax, I stopped in at Truro (a place which I am now able to navigate with general success, after a few years of getting lost in the town and occasionally ending up at the NB border rather than in New Glasgow). Got a cute top and bottoms, though they were not as cheap as they should have been. Also had an interesting experience while browsing in La Senza. Shoplifter alert! Ah, but the capable security guards seemed to take care of it, and the police arrived just as I was leaving the mall. It's a shame really, because they had some pretty nice items on for $6.99 and $9.99. Hardly worth risking shoplifting charges for. Perhaps she chose one of the more fanciful and expensive items in the store though, in which case I have to say that I can almost understand the offenders desire to have the nice item, without paying the unnecessarily high price. Shoplifters don't seem to put enough thought into their endeavours though. I can think of many ways to properly conceal and sucessfully leave the vicinity with many different types of items (clothes, groceries, etc.). People get lazy and don't think this through enough. If that girl today had promptly left the mall instead of hanging around, she probably would have been successful. Same idea with people who attempt to steal from Sobeys. Maybe I only know this from years of working in the industry though. I'll add this to my list of "Jessica's Useless Knowledge and Skills". Should fall into place right between hula hooping, and knowing too much about Star Trek.


Good prevention tip.

Enjoy the week folks. It's officially summer and I regretted not wearing mittens on my walk tonight. Ain't Nova Scotia grand!?

1 comment:

  1. sad you did not get to the mall... glad you had some excitement!

    ReplyDelete