Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sports analogies are hard.

So just as a continued update from my last couple of posts... I totally scored a hat trick. Except it in no way involved anything remotely athletic. Finished all three books in a series in three consecutive days. One book per day. Pretty nice, I'd say. Except that whipping through books like I do ends up costing me quite a chunk of cash. The good news is that I'm now onto reading a book that a co-worker lent me, so that's free plus it's a bit of a thicker and in-depth read so it might take me a little bit longer to finish. Unless the story is really good... then maybe I'll have read four books in four days by this time tomorrow. What sports term means four in a row? I have no idea... sports are obviously not what I'm best at, which might be obvious considering that this is probably the first and only time I have mentioned anything sports related in this blog. Anyway, it hardly matters. It's another dreary day in the neighbourhood so off I go to pursue my usual challenging work day of interneting and reading novels.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think there is a term ..at least not one for any of the sports I like ahha

    What series by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the author just refers to it as the Summer series, but the books are called "The summer I turned pretty"; "It's not summer without you"; and "We'll always have summer".

    They're like young adult/teen books but I love fluffy summer reads!

    ReplyDelete