Friday, August 5, 2011

Crop it all the way to the garbage.

Today was a Me Day. Go me! I took myself shopping in Halifax, or Metallifax as we now like to call it since seeing Metallica there.

Shopping was good... spent more than I intended but whatever. Could have been worse if I had bought the $165 Steve Madden booties I wanted. I figured I'd wait on them since I DO have a birthday coming up soon... hint...HINT HINT. Actually I've already told Chris straight up that I want the boots for my bday gift. No sense beating around the bush! Might end up with some sort of slippers or electronics if I'm not clear about what I'm getting at. Hehe... actually, to Chris's credit he is quite good at pinpointing things that are in my taste. Boots are possibley out of his league though... so I might casually find the boots online and make it my desktop background... you know, just as a little reminder for when the time comes... ;)

I did face some level of disappointment during my shopping experiences today though. For one, I was getting bored with talking to myself in my head. That wasn't too upsetting though, as I think it was evened out by the fact that I could take as much time as I wanted with no complaints from fellow companion(s) to worry about. The major dismay of the day was realizing that the "in" style right now is cropped shirts. Gross. It was bad enough that for the last couple of years the "in" thing was extra long shirts, which obviously doesn't go over well with an extra short girl. Not like I wanted to look like I have legs or anything... Anyway, at least with long shirts I could alter them or tuck them up or whatever to make them fit me accordingly. What the hell do you do with a cropped shirt to make you not appear like some sort of 80's flashback human rectangle? It's just not working for me, so therefore I once again pass on another fashion fad. Sorry... looks like you'll all have to continue living with me in my grandma-esque sweaters for a while.


This style was in every store today.

Chris says I like grandma clothes... he's not wrong.

There you go Yvonne! Hope this post was worthy of your continued loyalty ;)

1 comment:

  1. cropped shirts only good for aerobics... lol... love that you had a me day... my favorite kind of days!! xo

    ReplyDelete