Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sobeys ain't glamorous.

I spent this evening training some new cashiers at work. Repeat again tomorrow.

I am thinking I may have made a wise choice in veering away from a career in teaching. It seems to be hard on my head, particularly when the student(s) appear uninterested... even though they are being paid to be there? How is it that they seem to think they already know everything about the job, even though they have never experienced it before? Intriguing and also annoying. I will be glad to not have to do it again for awhile.

Perhaps I would enjoy training more if I didn't dislike the job I was teaching people to do. This job is just not meant for me in the long term. I sometimes resist the urge to suggest that people just ring in their own damn groceries... they seem to think they know how to do the job better than me anyway. Guess 5 years is not enough experience to give me credibility? The public is tiring and I think I am burned out of this job. Will be glad when I can move on from it permanently. Thank you, higher education (which is a whole other bone of contention I could get into... but perhaps I will save that rant for another night).



Time to move on and finish paperwork that will actually go towards allowing me to graduate from some of my higher education! Blogging is fun, but sadly it is not terribly productive. I hear sunshine is coming our way in the Maritimes... couldn't it occur more often on my days off instead??? Enjoy it!

3 comments:

  1. You are preaching to the retail choir girl... we all have experienced the few cranky customers who seem to enjoy being that way... but it's the regular customers who are a pleasure to see that make our little retail jobs some what bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yahoo.. it worked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i only shop at sobeys... not sure i would be happy working there... i don't much like most people esp grumpy ones! xo

    ReplyDelete