Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Exercise & Talents (The two are not related...)

Good god... now I remember why getting in shape is so daunting. I went for a lovely long bike ride yesterday (with an ice cream stop about half-way) and felt super! I'm so fit and active! Go me, hurrah! ...Fast forward to about five hours later... pure agony. Couldn't walk... or sit... or even lay down, really. But, do not depair loyal blog readers! I plan to get back out sometime this week and do it all again. I am really going to try to commit this time... no, seriously, I am.

Enough about exercise though, I'm getting tired just thinking about it. Let's talk about talents for a few minutes here. My mother and I had a discussion about this a few days ago while I was demonstrating one of my talents for her. Do I have a lot of them? No. Sadly, I was not granted the musical, athletic, or genius genes. I think I got some extra "shortie" genes and not enough of the others. Bummer for me. Alas, I do have a few talents in which I take some pride. Are they useful or money-making in any way? Not so much. My main talents are: Baking, reading, spelling, and hula-hooping. I'm also pretty OCD which gives me good organizational skills. Now, try not to get too down because you don't have these superior talents yourself. I'm sure that you as an individual have many of your own talents... and I would love to hear about them! We as humans often tend to sell ourselves short on our true abilities (after all, I didn't even mention wiggling my ears as one of my talents). I wonder if this is connected to the fact that people are often sparse with their compliments towards others? Seems like a potential cycle... people do not realize they have real talent because others do not acknowledge it... then the green eyed monster prevents us from acknowledging others achievements, because we as individuals feel that we have few talents ourselves. Just some thoughts from Jessica-land...

How old is too old...?

7 comments:

  1. u are multi talented... you get that from me!! your welcome xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a new talent now....blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops...that anonymous was from alisha..my bad.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha love your talents :D
    You should come to the Cape& we'll do a bike ride together ..we can even stop for ice cream halfway through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that people are actually reading this! So exciting! Thank you :)

    Yvonne... if I ever recover from my last bike ride, I will consider going for a ride in the Cape with you ;) I'll be holding you to that ice cream offer though...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica, this is your father, Craig Hodder.
    I have enjoyed reading your Bog...very insightful and entertaining.
    Very good, yes, very good stuff!

    ReplyDelete